Your personal privacy is of the utmost importance to us at Kendal Quality Carpets. In every decision we make, we consider the impact on your personal privacy, being information directly identifying you (your “Personal Information”) as provided under applicable law, and only seek to process your Personal Information where necessary, either to serve our legitimate business interests or to provide you with a service that you have expressly requested.
© 2018 Kendal Quality Carpets Ltd. All rights reserved.
What this Policy covers
The data controller is Kendal Quality Carpets Ltd. (referred to in this policy as “we” or “us”).
We are committed to doing the right thing when it comes to how we collect, use and protect your personal data. That’s why we’ve developed this privacy and cookies policy (“Policy”), which:
- sets out the types of personal data that we collect
- explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
- explains when and why we will share personal data within Kendal Quality Carpets and with other organisations
- explains the rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data
This Policy applies to you if you use our services (referred to in this Policy as “our Services”). Using our Services means:
- shopping with us over the phone, or in store
- using any of the websites where this Policy is posted
- completing our contact us form
- contacting us (or if we contact you) about our Services.
Information Collected and Processed
When you register for our Services, you may provide us with:
- Your personal details, including your postal address, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title
When you browse our Websites we may collect:
- Your personal details, including your postal and billing addresses, email addresses, phone numbers and date of birth and title
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
When you contact us or we contact you or you take part in promotions, competitions, surveys or questionnaires about our Services, we may collect:
- Personal data you provide about yourself anytime you contact us about our Services (for example, your name, username and contact details), including by phone, email or post or when you speak with us through social media
- Details of the emails and other digital communications we send to you that you open, including any links in them that you click on
- Your feedback and contributions to customer surveys and questionnaires
How and why we use personal data
Personalise your experience & communicate with you
At Kendal Quality Carpets, we love to keep you up to date with the latest news, offers, products and services. We do this in various ways, including but not limited to email, post, SMS, phone and advertising.
When you opt in to receive marketing communications from Kendal Quality Carpets, you give your consent for Kendal Quality Carpets to contact you about products and services from Kendal Quality Carpets which we consider may be of interest to you.
If you wish to opt out of marketing communications from Kendal Quality Carpets simply follow the details and links provided or contact us on 01539 730 080.
Please note; unsubscribing from Kendal Quality Carpets marketing emails does not unsubscribe you from transactional based communications.
If you wish to opt out of marketing communications from Kendal Quality Carpets simply follow the details and links provided, alternatively change your opt in preference on your Kendal Quality Carpets account page or contact us on 01539 730 080.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Kendal Quality Carpets Website
Whilst using our Website(s), you are provided with a web portal to access Kendal Quality Carpets as described above. You are also able to communicate with us via email. When so doing, we will collect and process your email address in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
Kendal Quality Carpets may store or process personal data submitted voluntarily by visitors. By submitting personal data the visitor consents to the use of that data for the purpose of sending the visitor answers, news messages and/or other information, whether or not on a regular basis. If you do not want your personal data to be stored or processed, please do not submit it to us.
Any communication or material you transmit to this site or the webmaster will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Included without limitation in the non-confidential and non-proprietary materials transmitted to this website are suggestions, ideas and comments. Kendal Quality Carpets is entitled to unrestricted use of any communication or material transmitted to this website, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the submission.
Your Data Subject Rights
Applicable European data protection law affords you certain rights in regards to the Personal Information that we hold about you. Namely, you have the right to:
- ask us to cease marketing communications at any time (Opt out)
- ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes at any time
- have any inaccuracies in the Personal Information held about you corrected
- ask us to delete your account permanently
- access a copy of the information we hold about you
We will make all reasonable efforts to comply with your requests except where we are not permitted or required to do so under applicable law. Requests are free of charge; however we reserve the right to charge a minimal fee to cover administrative costs should we consider any request to be excessive, unfounded or unreasonable.
We want to make sure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
Storage, Retention and Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Storage of Personal Information
- Personal Information collected by Kendal Quality Carpets may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom.
- Retention of Personal Information
- Kendal Quality Carpets will retain your Personal Information only for as long as necessary to fulfill the notified purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
- Your consent to the use of your Personal Information for such purposes(s) remains valid after termination of Kendal Quality Carpets relationship with you to the extent permitted by applicable law so long as you do not request otherwise.
Kendal Quality Carpets takes measures to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information and protect it from unlawful disclosure by using industry standard practices such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep this data safe.
- We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted
- We enforce physical and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
- We will reveal only the last four digits of your credit card number when confirming an order.
However, whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the internet to us.
We restrict access to your Personal Information, only providing access to individuals that require it in order to operate, process, develop or improve Kendal Quality Carpets Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
External Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate Kendal Quality Carpets, to perform Website related services and to assist us in the analysis of Website usage.
These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and they are obligated through contract not to use your Personal Information for any other purpose or to disclose your Personal Information to any third party without our express consent.
Contacting Kendal Quality Carpets
If you have any questions about these conditions or your use of the website, please contact Kendal Quality Carpets Customer Care Department.
- By mail: Unit 4/5 Dockray Hall Industrial Estate Burneside Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4RU
- By phone: 01539 730080 (Mon-Sat 9am-5pm)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to see the personal data we hold about you (a Subject Access Request) please write to: Subject Access Requests, Kendal Quality Carpets Ltd, Unit 4/5 Dockray Hall Industrial Estate Burneside Road, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 4RU